RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, September 10, 2020

RA for All Virtual Roadshow Visits Allegheny County [PA] Library System

Today in between working on the third edition of my horror textbook, I will be presenting the third of my planned three webinars for Allegheny County [PA] Library System: Recharge Your Book Club

Leading book discussions is one of my all time favorite activities, but I think that my love of being part of  a great discussion is surpassed by the joy I feel when I get to teach other library workers how to be better at this activity. I have worked hard to develop a set of norms and guidelines that allow library workers to lead more dynamic discussions with less anxiety. My goal is to help you be a better guide of the discussion as it happens organically, rather than take the weight of leading onto your already over burdened shoulders.

I discuss common problems, complaints, and issues frankly, but most importantly, I give you a way stop bad behavior in its tracks. Intrigued? 

The slides for this afternoon's presentation have been updated recently and my talk today will contain information and best practices for virtual book discussions as well. I also have an archive of almost 300 posts tagged "book discussion books" available here on the blog that you can also access anytime.

If you would like me to lead a training for your book discussion leaders, including a chance to practice a virtual book discussion with me leading a discussion as a training exercise, contact me for openings. Right now I am booking November-February.

Click here or on the image below for today's slides.

No comments: