RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, December 21, 2020

Holiday Schedule and Two Reminders

For the next 2 weeks, the blog will not be every day. Expect a post or two here this week. On the horror blog, I will post my detailed and annotated best horror of 2020 and I will alert you here when it goes live.

Next week [between Christmas and New Year's ] I will have my annual Best Books I Read This Year with all the fun categories.

Otherwise it is finishing the Third Edition of the Horror book and family time. The end is in sight for the book and it is exciting. 

I hope everyone has a chance to have some reading time this week. I for one am excited to settle in with my audio book while I wrap! 

In the meantime 2 reminders. 

  1. Don't look at your "reading goals" this week. I have seen a few of you on Twitter talking about trying to race to meet your goals. No one cares how many books you read this year; here is my longer, more eloquent discussion of this and why you need to stop keeping track of a number. But please, do not stress yourself out to reach a "goal" that is completely arbitrary and, honestly, not veery helpful. Again, read the post for details.
  2. Support your local bookstore. I bought almost every gift this year from local stores. My last stop is later today at my local independent book store, The Book Table. But I also supported the local book store near my family in VT to get them gifts, Bridgeside Books. I ordered and they wrapped them up, labeled who they were for and my Dad did curbside and gets to play Santa. Don't just support your local book store. Support the ones near the people you are buying gifts for. Many of them are even offering local delivery. And here is why. Every community is better if it has a local bookstore, and specifically libraries are better when there is a bookstore in town. Bookstores and library work hand in hand together to create a wonderful sense of community and to encourage reading. They do not compete. So please consider making a last minute run to your local independent book store and or calling one near family and friends to place an order.

No comments: