RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, August 13, 2021

RA for All Road Show Visits a Library IN PERSON

Today I am venturing down I-55 to present the afternoon portion of the staff day for Three Rivers Public Library District. 

I will begin with my Flip the Script and Think Like a Reader which follows my 10 Rules of Basic RA Service. This program is geared toward an entire staff to not only teach the basics of RA Service but to get everyone working together to deliver that service. Plus it is fun. Everyone is going to get to think about a favorite book and share it with each other. 

Then, after an ice cream break, across the parking lot from here we are meeting, I will present my version of Actively Anti-Racist Service to Leisure Readers [slides] and answer questions for at least 30 minutes afterward. 

I am nervous and excited about venturing back in person. For example, which of my clothes look better in person than on Zoom? I don't think I remember. Also, I can give away door prizes again. Stickers for everyone!!!!

I should note to all my readers, I am only entertaining requests to appear in person for libraries who are local to me for the rest of 2021. 2022 I am playing by ear still. I am in conversation with people in places I have to travel to for personal reasons, but if you want me to come to you in 2022, reach out and ask

No comments: