RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

RA for All Roadshow Visits The State Library of Tennessee for Recharge Your Book Club

Today kicks off a BUSY Fall. As usual, Fall is a popular time for training at libraries in general, and for me in particular. [See my upcoming schedule here.]

One of my favorite training topics is my program for Book Discussion Leaders. Recharge Your Book Club. It not only only features my original Group and Leader Norms [which you can download for yourself here] but it also is based on 20+ years of leading multiple books clubs. I understand the highs and lows of running a book club fully and I do not hold back on the advice. This is both a from the trenches and a wide lens look at the topic type of program. No matter where you are on the book discussion leader continuum, from bran new to seasoned vet, there is something here to help you.

One of my favorite things about doing this program virtually is that the group can create their own "Under the Radar" list of titles in the chat, a list that every participant can use as a new and locally sourced resource for more title options.

Today, the webinar is going out to all libraries in TN. I have visited TN a few times in person and am excited that I might have a few friendly faces in the audience.

Here is the link to the slides for everyone. There are A LOT of great links embedded

Also, this is a great program for your regional system to offer to your book discussion leading staff. One of the benefits of gathering these folks together for this training is that they can meet each other and begin working together to help all book clubs. Contact me to offer this or other training programs. If it is virtual, I can squeeze you in somewhere, especially if it is for established and proven programs like this one [which has had a recent overhaul].

See some of you in TN this afternoon.

Click here for slide access


No comments: