RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Off to StokerCon But You Should Follow Along

Later this afternoon I board a plane to StokerCon where I will be co-lead on Friday's Librarians' Day, moderating panels most of Saturday, including running the HWA Membership meeting as Secretary, and presenting the Stoker Award for Best Novel Saturday night.

Click here for the link to the Librarians' Day schedule and here to see all programming.

Now many of you are probably thinking, Becky, why should we care about all the fun you will be having without us? 

Well, here's the thing, I will be Tweeting A LOT Friday and Saturday. I will be tagging everything with #HorrorForLibraries. You can follow my journey and learn a lot about the state of Horror right at this moment. There are a few ways to do that.

  1. If you use Twitter, follow me @RAforAll. Or just follow the hashtag #HorrorForLibraries
  2. If you do not use Twitter, you can still view Tweets and hashtags, you just can't interact with them. Bookmark  #HorrorForLibraries or @RAforAll to pull up everything without having to login.
  3. I keep a widget showing my Tweets in the right gutter of this blog, just under my book cover. You can scroll that and see what I am tweeting right from this page.

The other part of StokerCon which you can participate in easily from home-- the Bram Stoker Awards! Saturday night at 8pm Mountain Time. Live-streamed on YouTube here. 

To prepare, go over to the Bram Stoker Awards website, which in an of itself is a must use resource as it has easy to access information about every nominee and winner over time. 

Here is the link to the ballot for Saturday night specifically.

But I have the honor of presenting the award for Superior Achievement in a Novel with Jennifer McMahon. Look at this final ballot for that award:

Superior Achievement in a Novel

Castro, V. – The Queen of the Cicadas (Flame Tree Press)

Hendrix, Grady – The Final Girl Support Group (Berkley)

Jones, Stephen Graham – My Heart is a Chainsaw (Gallery/Saga Press)

Pelayo, Cynthia – Children of Chicago (Agora Books)

Wendig, Chuck – The Book of Accidents (Del Rey)

You should already own every single one of these novels. But from a voting member standpoint, this is the HARDEST decision I had to make, ever. I have no idea who is going to win this one, but I do know they all deserve it. Tune in for the entire ceremony live here

I used to be the one who had to Live Tweet it all, but we now have an excellent social media team in place who will be handling that as well. I will retweet them.

And finally, as part of the virtual StokerCon options, we are offering our panel discussions with the 2022 Summer Scares authors. Konrad handled Adult, I did YA, and Julia did MG. But on Monday, they will all be available to every library for free on the HWA's Youtube Channel in the Summer Scares 2022 playlist [created but not live yet]. One they are live I will be linking them on the Summer Scares landing page as well. In fact, that Summer Scares Resource page is the best place for you to go for Summer Scares info any time.

So feel free to follow along on the StokerCon journey. In the days after the con, I will be posting more specific thoughts, notes, and wrap-ups on the Horror blog.

Have a great weekend, I know I will.

No comments: