RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Podcast Recommendation: Reading Glasses

The other day I was chatting with my Booklist editor, Susan Maguire, about Reading Glasses, a library adjacent podcast. Susan wanted to have Mallory and Brea on her podcast and I was helping to connect them. 

That is going to happen soon, but in the meantime, I wanted to remind you why you should listen to this podcast every week with this post from almost exactly a year ago when I appeared to promote my new book.

[Side note: We chat about Horror RA and this is the perfect time to begin prepping for spooky season. I am actually working on a presentation on that topic right now. Details 9/7].

New episodes drop on Thursdays.

Here you go....


THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2021

Becky on Reading Glasses Podcast and Why You Should Listen Even When I Am NOT a Guest

Recently, I got to chat with Mallory O'Meara, author of The Lady From The Black Lagoon [one of my favorite reads of 2019] and co-host of Reading Glasses podcast

Each week they take a bookish topic and often also talk to an author. Recent topics include, discussion of ISBN, how to find the most comprehensive lists of upcoming books [this week's topic], discussions of tropes, how to write a review of a book you hated, and more. As I told Mallory before we started recording, Reading Glasses is the most librarian of non librarian book podcasts. I have been a listener for years and appreciate how they articulate the tips and tricks of bookish people and explain the behind the scenes info, clearly and for a general audience.

To be fair, they do a MUCH better job than we do, as a profession, communicating bookish topics to avid readers. So, my advice, if you aren't already listening to Reading Glasses, start with my appearance and subscribe. Yes, you may know just as much as they do about some of the topics, but explain it as readers to readers. 

See below to listen to my appearance or click here. And become a regular listener of this weekly podcast.

And while we are on the topic, make sure you have pre-ordered O'Meara's upcoming book-- Girly Drinks: A World History of Women and Alcohol.

No comments: