RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Time to Start Prepping for Spooky Season

It is September, which means October is right around the corner. And October is when everyone wants to read or watch something scary. Are you ready to help your Horror readers?

The trick during the Spooky Season at the public library is being able to figure out what your readers are looking for exactly and how to promote it to them effectively. I want your readers to have access to as many Horror titles as possible, even if you are not a Horror fan yourself. The complications come this time of year, however, because there are many Horror novices who want to be part of celebrating Halloween but aren't necessarily fans of Horror.

Never fever [pun intended], I am here to help, along with my Horror Writers' Association Libraries Co-Chair and Horror programming expert, Konrad Stump.

We have a BRAND new program being offered through New Jersey LibraryLink and they have kindly made it available to anyone, for free. Click here for details. 

We start at 10:30am Eastern this morning, but if you missed out on registering, you can catch the recording as well. Again, click here to get the info you need to join us.

In the mean time, Konrad and I made the slides VERY comprehensive with lots of links. So if you click here or on the title slide below, you have a very good resource to help readers, regardless of whether or not you can watch the presentation. We did this on purpose. The slides themselves are a detailed resource

This is the first of many times when I will be out there talking about Horror for the next 7 weeks. I will have more details soon, but there is a podcast already in the can and 2 more planned presentations. There is still time if you want virtual Horror RA Program for your group as well. Just let me know. I can do 30, 60, or 90 minute versions with prices starting at $350. I am willing to double and triple book during this busy time for Horror in order to help as many library workers as possible but you need to contact me soon.

Click here or on the RA for All Logo on any page of the blog for contact info and please put "Horror RA Program" in the subject heading of your emails so I prioritize it. 

Remember, as I like to say: "Your Horror readers aren't monsters, they just like to read about them."


Click here to view the slides


No comments: