RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

The Appeal of Locked Room Mysteries via CrimeReads

I am coming off of a week away, and am catching ups on a lot of work, so the next few days, I am passing on posts I think you need to see.

First up, from CrimeReads: Why Audiences are So Captivated by Locked Room Mysteries.

This is written by author Gigi Pandian and it is perfect for library workers who help leisure readers of any age.

She breaks down the appeal of this specific subgenre of Mystery. It is a great read to educate yourself on why this subgenre endures over time, and I would agree across all ages of readers. But also, you can use her reasoning as interview questions as you help readers.

It also includes a link to this Locked Room Mysteries Starter Guide.

Tomorrow, I will have a similar post before I get back to more regularly content Thursday. But I will say, for a quick post this article has a lot of content for you to help readers, add to your collections, and make displays right now.

2 comments:

azteclady said...

Thank you! that was a lovely read and it addresses everything I love about locked room mysteries, and, generally, about many of the stories from the golden age of mysteries: the idea that if you pay attention, you have a fair chance of figuring out the mystery.

Becky said...

You are welcome. I agree. It spoke to me as well.