RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

ILA Reporter: December 2023 Issue With some RA Info and MORE

One of my responsibilities as a member of the Illinois Library Association Executive Board is to be the liaison to the ILA Library Reporter, our membership print magazine. 

While I was excited to be appointed to this committee back when I first joined the board, I want to tell everyone that this role and being part of the ILA Reporter has exceeded my expectations in every way. This committee and the ILA Staff working on our 4x a year magazine are some of the best library people I have met through a random situation. It further solidifies my professional decision to double down on helping my state library community as I outlined in my 2023 goals here. 

Yes I am proud of our publication, but many of you may be asking, Becky, why post about it on a RA focused blog? Great question. 

This month's issue has a perfect article that is directly connected to my work: "Warming Up to Winter: Exploring Winter Reading Programs at Libraries" by Emily Hampston, Palos Park Public Library. And you can click on the title or below to read it for FREE.

I was planning to promote this article anyway, but I have so much pride for the work we are doing and enough of the articles are RA adjacent that I decided it was worth a post here too.

Click here to visit the ILA Reporter landing page to read this issue or any back issues. Or look below to see the TOC with links to the articles. 


Current issue

December 2023 | Volume XLI, Issue 4

Warming Up to Winter: Exploring Winter Reading Programs at Libraries
Emily Hampston, Palos Park Public Library
A Day in the Life of a Museum Librarian and Head of Library Collections
Gretchen Rings, Marie Louise Rosenthal Library of the Field Museum
The Power of Partnerships: Multi-Library Banned Books Week Webinar
Ashley Johnson & Roz Topolski, Vernon Area Public Library District
Making Decisions Centered Around EDI
Cindy Khatri & Van McGary, Downers Grove Public Library
Library Clue: Bringing Fun Back to the Library
Audrey Bokuniewicz, Waubonsee Community College

No comments: