RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, May 30, 2024

What I'm Reading: June 2024 Library Journal Hour Review Column

 

My June 1, 2024 is now live! In this post I have gathered the titles with my three words and links to my full draft reviews on Goodreads. Click through for more readalikes and more appeal information.

First this month's STARS:

And the other 5 excellent titles:
  • The Drowning House by Cherie Priest (then and now timelines, creepy, strong sense of place)
  • Midnight Rooms by Donyae Coles (Gothic, menacing, dangerous family secrets)
    • Interview with the author in the issue. I will link to it when it is available online
  • The Night Guest by Hildur Knútsdóttir, translated by Mary Robinette Kowal (psychological horror, gripping, translation)
  • A Mask of Flies by Matthew Lyons (visceral, Crime caper-Horror Mashup, strong sense of place)
  • The Body Harvest by Michael Seidlinger (illicit, menacing, obsession )

No comments: