RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Female Detectives

I saw this list of the Top 10 Female Detectives over on Lit Lists and it reminded me how many of my readers specifically do request mysteries with female leads.  The post also included another list of great female detectives here.

I thought I would share a few of my personal favs too.  So off the top of my head here are the female detectives I particularly enjoy with their authors in parentheses:

Cassie Maddox (Tana French)
Maisie Dobbs (Jacqueline Winspear)
Izzy Spellman (Lisa Lutz)
Thursday Next (Jasper Fforde)
Flavia de Luce (Alan Bradley)

Check out the lists above too for a much more comprehensive sampling of the great female detectives in books. Feel free to share some of your own favorites too.

Also, for the best resource for all things mystery, go to Stop You're Killing Me.

No comments: