RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Discussion: What Literary Charcater Would You Be for Halloween?

Today's Monday Discussion is all about Halloween costumes.  There has been a great Twitter conversation using the has tag, #LitMajorHalloweenCostumes going around with book inspired costume idea.  If you don't want to sift through the thousands of tweets, Book Riot has this list of their favorites.

Although I have not planned a literary themed costume this year, this got me to thinking: Who would I be if I could dress up as any character from literature?

Since I am on the shorter side, I think it would be fun to be a hobbit.  Actually my husband isn't so tall either.  With the 2 kids, we would make a cute hobbit family.  I would also love to be something a little more edgy like Honor Harrington the lead in David Weber's Military SF series. Man, she is one tough cookie, but I am not sure me and my freckles could pull it off.

What about you?

For today's Monday Discussion, in a perfect world, what literary costume would you most want to wear for Halloween?

For past Monday Discussions, click here.

3 comments:

John, Librarian at Dawn said...

I've been numerous literary characters for Halloween over the years. Frankenstein and the Headless Horseman were among the more memorable costumes but my absolute favorite of all time is The Phantom of the Opera. Not only is it one of my favorite books of all time but it truly is a great costume. I based it more along the description in the novel rather than the more horrific Lon Chaney film version or more romantic Andrew Lloyd Webber version. The result was perfect! I saved the costume and have worn it several times since to costume parties.

Anonymous said...

I was Mother Goose this past Saturday.

ckubala said...

I'm a bit late but I was Corduroy this year and last year Amelia Bedelia for our library gala event.