RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What I'm Reading: The Best Books I Have Read This Year

It is the final day of 2013, that means it is finally time for Becky’s list of the best books I read this year.  Remember, this is not the best books written in 2013, rather the only thing that puts them all in 2013 is that 2013 is the year in which I read them.

Let’s start with the four I have already mentioned in some of my Monday Discussions. Click on the titles for my full review.




Life After Life by Kate Atkinson











NOS4A2 by Joe Hill









Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea












The Round House by Louise Erdrich









Now the final 6, but please note all but the last 2 got 5 stars from me. It was in those final 2 that I had to make some tough choices.



Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang











Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carole Rifka Brunt











The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker











Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell











The Darkling by R. B. Chesterton










Night Film by Marisha Pessl


No comments: