RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

This was in todayShelf Awareness daily email.  It sums up our work with readers.  I thought it was a fun way to start up the New Year.  [Although, it is a slow start here in the Chicagoland area as a snow storm has closed many of the libraries.]


Enjoy.


Customer in a Bookstore: 'I'm Looking for a Book'

"How can I help you?"
"I'm looking for a book."
"Would you happen to have the title?"
"It's a long shot, but I was in my car about a month ago and heard an author on the radio. Sounded really interesting."
"Fiction? Nonfiction?"
"I don't remember."
"Anything about it you can remember?"
"It was raining."

Susan Coll, who works at Politics & Prose Bookstore, Washington, D.C., shared a few all-too-familiar bookseller-customer conversations in a Washington Post op-ed column.

No comments: