RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, January 18, 2019

Recording Access for Library Reads and NoveList FREE Genre Training

As I mentioned here, Library Reads and NoveList have teamed up to offer free genre training. The first one is now available. I watched the recording myself on Wednesday. You can access the recording below, but also, please note that slides are also available in the "Resources" section.

This is a wonderful SF genre training tool. I learned a lot and I have been researching all the speculative genres for a year now [details on that here].


Are you intimidated at the thought of helping science fiction readers? Whether your readers are fans of dystopian reads (like the Divergent series) or Afrofuturism works (like the Broken Earth novels), let NoveList and LibraryReads break down the best science fiction has to offer your readers—from alien invasions to weird science.

Join Stephen Sposato, manager of Content Curation at Chicago Public Library, and NoveList’s own Gillian Speace as they cover:
  • Why science fiction is so popular
  • How science fiction developed including classics, newcomers, and awards to know
  • Subgenres and crossovers
  • NoveList insider information on genre headings, themes, appeal terms, and more
Also included is a bonus 15-minute training on tips and where to access genre-related information. 

The webinar is now archived. 

Click below to watch the recording or skip ahead to the training session that took place after the webinar.

Resources

1 comment:

Abby said...

This was SUCH a great webinar! I learned a ton and it was a great refresher - reminded me of my RA class in grad school but boiled down. I will definitely be attending (and promoting) this entire series!