RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

PLA Galley Guide As a Resource Near or Far And Becky's PLA Schedule

Back to in person conferencing this week with the return of PLA Annual. Click here for the conference website. I will say I am very excited to get back to conferencing, but let's see how I feel on Friday.

Today I have a couple of notes for all readers of this blog, whether you are coming to the conference in person, doing it virtually, or staying home.

First is the Library Journal Galley Guide made specifically for this conferencea list of all of the ARCs that attendees can get in the exhibit hall along with scheduled author appearances. You will notice the Galley Guide is smaller than usual because everyone is bringing fewer titles and hosting fewer authors. This is the cautious first steps back into what our new normal will look like.

But it is important to remember that the LJ Galley Guide for any conference is not just for the people who are at the conference. Why? Click here to read my explanation from a previous round of Galley Guides. This post his about how and why Galley Guides are an excellent RA and Collection Development resource.

And again, click here for the current Galley Guide.

Second, on to more pressing matters....me. No seriously. Many of you have asked about my schedule, both to meet up with me in person and the blogging schedule. So here are those details.

This post is prescheduled to go live at 7am central time on Tuesday 3/22, but I finished writing it Monday, 3/21 in the afternoon, before I got on my 8:20pm plane to Portland. Why I am telling you this, because of two things.

  1. I will be doing this same thing every day for the rest of the week. In the evenings, after each day at PLA, I will write up notes about the programs I attended that day. Also anything else interesting I saw or think is worthy to share. Those posts will go up the next day. So, on Wednesday here on the blog, you will be reading about what I did Tuesday, and on Thursday, what I did Wednesday, and so on. That means there will be a a blog post that goes live at 7am Saturday, to report on Friday's happening, as well. Please note that change to the normal blogging schedule.
  2. I am setting these posts to go live at 7am central because that is my home time zone, but please remember, that will be 5am pacific, where my body will actually be. This means, while the posts will go up at their normal time, I will not be posting them to Twitter before 10am central time. Also this does not mean I was up at all hours hustling for all of you. I am setting these all before I go to bed the night before. Or at least, that is the plan; who knows what will actually happen. 

So posts about PLA Wed-Saturday mornings. And then, silence. I get home on the red-eye early Saturday morning and do a 36 hour turn around to do a road trip for spring break. We are taking our son to look at colleges. I know, very glamorous.

I will be on Twitter that week of 3/28 though, because there will be a lot of down time for me, as our son has classes to attend, student bands to play with [he is applying to college for music], and hanging out with current students. And I will be reading. A LOT. 

But I won't be blogging. Spring break is always a week off from blogging for me, even if I don't go anywhere.

So enjoy the PLA coverage, comments, and resources here on the blog [and Twitter] this week, but after that I will see you in April.

No comments: